Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, December 27, 2013

A different Christmas Day.

We decided to have the day at home.  It was lovely to be able to sleep in until midday and not rush off anywhere.  We got up, had breakfast, and opened our gifts.  Here is my new kettle (alongside a teapot that we'd fallen in love with and bought last month).

We'd been given two huge tins of chocolates and a tin of biscuits...I think we'll be nibbling on them for months to come!
Ken wanted to visit his Mum's gravesite so we drove out to Fawkner Memorial Gardens about 2 pm, surprised to find the traffic very light, but most people were probably sitting down to eat by then.
In the past I've wondered why on earth anyone would visit a cemetary on Christmas Day, but it was so peaceful!  We put roses in the niche for Ken's parents, then we spent an hour just wandering around the rose gardens and under shady gum trees before going over to the tea house which was open, and having a coffee and mince tart.
We got home about 4 pm and I finished cooking the stuffed turkey roll which I'd partially cooked the night before.  It was a warm day, so we had a salad with it, and a glass of bubbly -  on my hastily made Christmas cloth on our kitchen table.

I


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!