Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Lunch at De Bortoli's, icecream at the Chocolaterie!

Last week Ken and I went out to lunch with a friend.  We went to De Bortoli's winery near Yarra Glen and while the amount of food didn't justify the price, it was very pleasant sitting in the restaurant catching up on each other's news.  Below as follows:  Ken listening to Julie.

The view from the window where I was sitting.

Ken took this pic of me.
After we'd eaten, we went for a walk around the grounds of the restaurant, which overlooks the winery.

 The car park was nearly full.  One doesn't just roll up to this place - you have to book in advance!
Acres and acres of grapes.

On our way home, we passed the entrance to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, so I persuaded Julie and Ken that we couldn't miss out on this opportunity to visit such a place!
SOOOOO many chocolates!


 The workers can be seen making the chocolates behind a glass wall.
 From the outside, it could be anything.  I'm told it has only been open for a year or so.
 Julie and Ken trying to locate her car in the very crowded car park!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!